Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pony Cupcakes



For my daughter's half-birthday treat we make pony cupcakes.

I typically use a boxed cake mix and prepackaged frosting. My secret though is specialized tools. I use a batter pen for filling the liners. It eliminates spills and ensures that the cakes are similar in size and bake evenly. These are made from Funfetti cake mix.






Then I apply the frosting with a mechanical pastry bag.  I use two containers of frosting per box of cake mix. This makes the  frosting  look luscious and professional. To add more color, I spray Wilton's Color Mist. It's so much easier to use than adding food coloring to frosting. Next a sprinkling of disco pink sanding sugar gives these cakes their sparkle. "My Little Pony" rings top the cakes.

I found the specialty liners, the rings, the Spray Mist and the bow twist ties at Country Kitchen Sweet Art.
www.countrykitchensa.com
Traveling with cupcakes is a challenge. This time I opt to wrap the cakes individually, like little presents. I use tongs to insert the cakes cleanly into the baggies.

Presentation is the final touch. I put the cupcakes into a basket and add a purple flower.

May your special day be filled with extra frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment